Stressed by Health Documents?
The documentation demands of the healthcare field are constant and ever-changing. Working with health forms and documents requires you to handle a vast amount of data, producing accurate documents on demand.
What's more, changing government regulations and new market initiatives can force you into an ever-shorter cycle of revision, approval, and publishing.
Document automation is a tempting option. You may have seen software solutions that offer to help. However, its potential raises just as many questions. What's the learning curve? How much implementation time? Will it even work for your specific situation?
Health Documents Simplified
Whether you are creating a simple, one-page medical history form or longer, more complex documents, Docmosis can help you with:
- Admission summary sheets
- Displaying Test Results
- Medical claim forms
- Healthcare history reports
- Medical history questionnaires
- Patient consent forms
- Patient ID labels
- Pharmaceutical drug test reporting
- ... and much more.
Docmosis is a method of generating documents based on templates.
The driving goal when designing Docmosis was the desire to create templates using tools that people already know, like: Microsoft Word or LibreOffice.
Being able to create templates using these well known and richly featured editors means that simple tasks like:
- Specifying Page Size and Page Orientation
- Creating Headers and Footers
- Adding Page Numbering and Table of Contents
- Creating Numbered and/or Bullet Lists
- Setting Font, Font-Size, Bold, Italic, Underline, Text Colour
- Inserting Tables and Images
can be accomplished using features that people are already familiar with, which significantly reduces the time needed to learn a new tool.
A Docmosis template is just a normal Microsoft Word or LibreOffice document. The template contains the static, unchanging portions of your document, and any dynamic content that may change – such as patient names, medical history, test results, and so forth – can be represented with easy-to-construct placeholders, as shown below:
Examples: <<firstName>>, <<lastVaccinationDate>>, <<bloodGroup>>
When you generate a health document from the template, Docmosis replaces the placeholders with the data relevant to the intended audience or recipient of the document.
The Docmosis placeholders can be used to:
- Insert text or images into the: body; headers and footers
- Inject data in to tables, numbered lists and bullet lists
- Conditionally add or remove any content
- Dynamically insert images, barcodes or watermarking
- Modify formatting during document generation based on the data.
- Perform calculations and format numbers and dates
- and much more...
Health specific features
One of the most useful Docmosis features for the generation of health documents is the ability to create sophisticated and flexible table layouts with the use of fairly simple table markup.
The example below highlights how the extensive table layout features within Docmosis can be used to produce a patient's medical test results in a professional format that makes it easy for medical specialists to read and interpret the results.
In this example, using Docmosis, the table displaying patient test results can: -
- Grow or shrink depending on the number of tests ordered
- Highlight any table values which fall outside the normal range
- Allow for table rows and columns to be conditionally added or removed
- Provide flexible formatting of numerical values within table fields
- Extend over multiple pages with table headers repeated on each page
Within the document template used to produce the results below, some clever conditional table logic can be added so that any resultant values which fall outside the normal range are highlighted in red and italics for easy detection and further analysis. Furthermore, the logic can be clever enough to conditionally insert another table row when there is an abnormal value which provides the likely cause(s) for this result.
When the table of results flows over more than one page, Docmosis can ensure that the table headers are repeated on each page. This makes for easy readability, especially when the patient's key details are also repeated on each page.
Proven Health Document Generation
Docmosis is used by a wide range of customers in the Health Industry. A few of our health-related customers include Australian-based health technology company dorsaVi, South African cancer care provider Equra Health and United States based health management software provider Medecision.
Benefits of Docmosis
With Docmosis you will:
- Have a low learning curve - templates are created using editors you already know
- Appreciate the simple placeholder syntax that is easy-to-construct and understand
- Save time creating the content and formatting of new documents
- Save time updating and editing documents when they change
- Be able to distribute the work between technical and non-technical staff
Our core document generation engine has been engineered to give robust and impressive performance with the ability to output 1000's of pages per minute.
Docmosis has developed a suite of products that can generate documents from templates, but what starts the process?
The software that initiates or drives the document generation process could be a:
- Simple Web Form or WebApp
- Custom Software Application (Java / .NET / PHP / Ruby / ...)
- Enterprise System (CRM / ERP / ...)
- Mobile App
- Legacy Software System (via REST)
The main difference between the Docmosis products is how to connect or integrate them with your software.
Find out more from our Products page.
Free Trial All Features plus Support
Our free trials give you access to a fully functional version of our products.
Extend your trial at any time if you need longer to evaluate.
You'll be able to tell very quickly if Docmosis is the right tool for your needs.
Alternatively, feel free to contact us with any specific questions or document examples and we will be happy to advise if Docmosis is the right solution for you.